Patcay.com – Intel the Raptor Lake processor for laptops at, June 15, 2023. This processor is the successor to the Alder Lake processor which was released in 2022.
Raptor Lake has a hybrid architecture consisting of eight performance cores (P-core) and eight efficiency cores (E-core). The P-core has a clock speed of up to 5.6 GHz, while the E-core has a clock speed of up to 3.9 GHz.
The Raptor Lake processor also has an increased amount of L2 and L3 cache. The L2 cache increases to 2 MB per P-core and 1 MB per E-core. The L3 cache increases to 64 MB for Core i9 models and 32 MB for Core i7 and Core i5 models.
Read More: 4G and 5G, The Difference ?
Raptor Lake processors for laptops are available in four series, namely:
- HX-series: The highest series with 16 P-core and 24 E-core configuration.
- H-series: Series for gaming laptops and content creators with 14 P-core and 20 E-core configurations.
- P-series: Series for mainstream laptops with 10 P-core and 16 E-core configurations.
- U-series: Series for thin and light laptops with 6 P-core and 8 E-core configurations.
Raptor Lake processors for laptops are already available in the market. The price starts from Rp10 million for the Core i5-13600H model.
Here are some of the advantages of Raptor Lake processors for laptops:
- Faster performance, especially for applications that utilize multi-core.
Raptor Lake processors have an increased number of cores and cache, resulting in faster performance than Alder Lake processors. This is especially noticeable in applications that utilize multi-core, such as video processing and gaming applications.
- Better power efficiency, so laptop batteries can last longer.
Raptor Lake processors have improved power efficiency, so laptop batteries can last longer. This is thanks to the use of Intel Thread Director technology that can dynamically manage the use of P and E cores according to application needs.
- DDR5 and PCIe 5.0 memory support.
Raptor Lake processors support DDR5 and PCIe 5.0 memory. This allows laptops with Raptor Lake processors to utilize these latest technologies.
With these advantages, Raptor Lake processors for laptops are an attractive option for users who need laptops with fast performance and good power efficiency.
In addition to these advantages, Raptor Lake processors for laptops also have several new features, namely:
- Intel Thread Director: This technology can dynamically manage the use of P and E cores according to application needs.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost: This technology can improve the performance of applications that use neural network architecture.
- Intel Wi-Fi 6E: This technology supports faster and more reliable Wi-Fi 6E connections.
These new features further complement the advantages of Raptor Lake processors for laptops.