Patcay.com – RAM, or Random Access Memory, is an important component in a computer that functions to store temporary data that is being processed by the CPU.
The larger the RAM capacity, the more data that can be stored, so the computer performance will be better.
Upgrading RAM is one way to improve computer performance. The process of upgrading RAM is quite easy, it can even be done by yourself at home. Here are the steps:
Read More: 10 Best Laptops in 2023
- Prepare new RAM that matches your computer’s specifications. You can check the required RAM specifications in the motherboard manual or the motherboard manufacturer’s website.
- Prepare a plus or minus screwdriver to open the computer case.
- Prepare a clean cloth to clean the computer components.
- Turn off the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Open the computer case using a screwdriver.
- Locate the RAM slot on the motherboard. The RAM slot is usually located at the top of the motherboard.
- Remove the old RAM module by pressing the locking lever on the side of the RAM slot.
- Insert the new RAM module into the RAM slot.
- Close the computer case.
- Turn on the computer.
- Before installing a new RAM module, make sure the computer is turned off and the power cord is unplugged.
- Do not touch the computer’s component parts with dirty hands.
- Make sure the RAM module is installed correctly and is not tilted.
- If you are unsure of the RAM specifications needed, you should take your computer to a computer service center
Benefits of RAM Upgrade
A RAM upgrade can provide several benefits, including:
Read More: Laptop Keyboard that Can’t Be Squeezed
- Increased computer performance, especially for applications that require a lot of memory, such as games, video editing, and graphic design.
- Reduces lag or freezing on the computer.
- Increase computer startup speed.
If you feel that your computer’s performance is not satisfactory, a RAM upgrade is one solution you can try.